Please note that this is a two-day course delivered via Zoom.
Our two IWA Professional Training courses (Decision Making in Wales and Influencing Political Outcomes) are designed by the IWA, and led by our Policy and External Affairs Manager, supported by the wider IWA team.
Influencing Political Outcomes will:
- Give learners an understanding of how they can work effectively to influence the Welsh Government and the Senedd
- Equip learners with an advanced understanding of devolution, and help develop the skills to influence policy development and set up successful campaigns within Wales
- Teach the workings of the Senedd and Welsh Government at an advanced level
- Explain how to effectively influence policy makers within Wales
- Outline how to establish and effectively manage campaigns within Wales and ensure that they have optimal impact
- Explore how to set up, manage and market events and opportunities to promote campaigns to policy makers in Wales
This course includes a live Q&A session with a serving Member of the Senedd.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those looking to expand their influence within the political sphere in Wales.
This course is preceded by an introductory course: Decision Making in Wales. Previous participants have recommended taking both courses for maximum insight.
Please note IWA members receive advance notice of all IWA events and membership discount prices. You can join the IWA from just £3 a month.
100% of delegates on our October 2022 Influencing Political Outcomes course rated it as ‘excellent’ and would recommend it to others. They agree that the course met 99% of its learning outcomes.
“IWA leverage their experience in an accessible way, reflecting on Welsh politics rather than just relaying information. Little tips and titbits were great. Discussion with other delegates was also brilliant and reassuring.”
“[What I most liked about the course was]The expertise of the presenters and the opportunity to hear and learn from other participants.”