One week before Scotland’s historic referendum the IWA will gather together key figures to discuss what the implications of the vote will be for Wales.
Conference Chair: Helen Molyneux, Silk Commission member and IWA Chair
2pm: Which way will it go? A survey of the polls
- Professor Roger Scully, Wales Governance Centre, Cardiff University
2.30pm: What will it mean for Wales?
- Gerald Holtham, IWA Fellow
- Leanne Wood AM, Leader, Plaid Cymru
- Professor Laura McAllister, Liverpool University
- Vaughan Roderick, Welsh Affairs Editor, BBC
- (Chair) Lee Waters, Director, IWA
3.30pm: Networking break
4pm: What will it mean for the UK?
- Simon Jenkins, The Guardian
- Kirsty Williams AM, Leader, Welsh Liberal Democrats
- Leighton Andrews AM, former Welsh Labour Minister
- Paul Silk, Chair of the Silk Commission
- (Chair) Rob Humphreys, Silk Commission
5pm: Federalism or break up?
- Professor David Marquand, writer and former Labour MP
IWA members: £45 + VAT
Non-members: £90 + VAT
This event has been kindly sponsored by the UK’s Changing Union Project.