Do you want to play your part in shaping the welsh agenda?
In line with our priorities, at least one of the three new positions on the Editorial Group will be reserved for an applicant under the age of 25. The Editorial Group meets three or four times a year to help the IWA’s editorial team to commission a wide range of articles on all aspects of Welsh life.
As well as a year’s position on the Editorial Group, the chosen entrant will have their article published in the welsh agenda (print edition) and receive payment of £100 from the IWA’s New Voices fund.
Write a short article (up to 1,000 words, in English) for the welsh agenda (online) on one of the following themes:
- Making Wales Better
- A profile of a person who deserves wider recognition
- A feature about your sense of belonging to a community
- A review of a book related to Wales
Please also send:
- A brief introduction to who you are (150-300 words)
- One idea for an article you would like to see commissioned by the welsh agenda (online and/or in print). Where possible, please say who would author the piece.
Please email your article, bio and ideas with the subject line ‘Young Writers Competition’ to email@example.com by Monday 30 Sept 2020.
The competition will be judged by the Editor of the welsh agenda in discussion with existing members of the IWA’s Editorial Group.
Conditions: Entrants must be (a) resident in Wales, (b) under 25 on 30/09/20 and (c) be able to take up a year’s membership of the welsh agenda’s Editorial Group, attending a minimum of two meetings in Cardiff (expenses paid) and/or online during 2021.