Please note that this is a two-day course delivered via Zoom.
Our two IWA Professional Training courses (Decision Making in Wales and Influencing Political Outcomes) are designed by the IWA, and led by Auriol Miller, Director of IWA and Harry Thompson, Economic Policy Lead at IWA.
Influencing Political Outcomes will:
- Give learners an understanding of how they can work effectively to influence the Welsh Government and the Senedd
- Equip learners with an advanced understanding of devolution, and help develop the skills to influence policy development and set up successful campaigns within Wales
- Teach the workings of the Senedd and Welsh Government at an advanced level.
- Explain how to effectively influence policy makers within Wales
- Outline how to establish and effectively manage campaigns within Wales and ensure that they have optimal impact
- Explore how to set up, manage and market events and opportunities to promote campaigns to policy makers in Wales
- Include a live Q&A session with a serving Member of the Senedd.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those looking to expand their influence within the political sphere in Wales.
This course is preceded by an introductory course: Decision Making in Wales. Previous participants have recommended taking both courses for maximum insight.
Please note IWA members receive advance notice of all IWA events and early bird discount prices. You can join the IWA from just £3 a month.
“Very good – this section was very well-chosen and demonstrated Welsh politics in a practical way”
“Excellent – I was expecting to gain a basic understanding of the topic, but both the working dynamics and the new direction of devolution were discussed in-depth”
“I assumed it was fact based and quite dry, instead I gained a much greater understanding of political changes”
100% of delegates on the May 2021 Influencing Political Outcomes course rated it ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’.
For more information on the course contents and other testimonials go to: https://youtu.be/vQ_0Kdh403I