3 weeks before the Welsh Assembly Elections on May 5th 2016, the Institute of Welsh Affairs, in partnership with the South Wales Evening Post and Swansea University, will host the South West Wales Regional hustings in the Principal Lecture Theatre of Swansea University’s new Bay Campus.
Representatives from all of the major Welsh political parties have been invited to take part in the event which will be chaired by Jonathan Roberts, Editor, South Wales Evening Post.
The panel will consist of:
- Julie James, Candidate for Swansea West, Labour Party
- Suzy Davies, Candidate for South Wales West, Welsh Conservatives
- Bethan Jenkins, Candidate for South Wales West, Plaid Cymru
- Sheila Kingston-Jones, Candidate for Gower, Welsh Liberal Democrats
- Gareth Tucker, Candidate for Swansea West, Wales Green Party
- Martyn Ford, Candidate for South West Wales, UKIP Wales
The event will give audience members a unique chance to explore the candidates views on a wide range of current issues before the election, and an opportunity to question candidates from the floor; if you would like to submit a question to the panel beforehand, please send your questions to Beti Williams ([email protected]).
This event is free and open to all members of the public, but booking of tickets is essential, and done on a first-come first-served basis.