The Institute of Welsh Affairs’ AGM for 2022 is being held in person and online on Thursday, 24 November 2022 from 6.00pm – 8.30pm.
We are pleased to invite you, as a valued member of the IWA, to join us as we look back on the year and look ahead to 2023. As ever, there is much to share and discuss.
We look forward to meeting up again in person and to welcoming as many members as possible to our new home in sbarc | spark. However, if you wish to join us by Zoom you are welcome to do so.
Delegate instructions, including joining links, travel guidance and links to the papers for the meeting, will be sent out nearer the time. If you are unable to attend, and would like to appoint a proxy to attend on your behalf, please complete and return the proxy form by 4pm on Tuesday 22 November 2022.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Institute of Welsh Affairs
Registered Number: 2151006
Registered Charity No: 1078435
Companies Act 2006
NOTICE is hereby given under the Act mentioned above of the Annual General Meeting of the Institute of Welsh Affairs to be held in person and online on Zoom on Thursday 24 November 2022 from 6.00pm for the following purposes:
To consider and if thought fit, pass the following Resolutions as to the ordinary business of the Company relating to the Directors, Auditors and Accounts, and in particular the following Ordinary Resolutions:
- That the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 9 December 2021 be approved.
- That the Report of the Directors and the financial statements of the Company for the year ended 31 March 2022 now submitted to this meeting be and are hereby received.
- That Chartered Accountants Watts Gregory LLP be reappointed as providers of accounting services to the Company, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and that their remuneration be fixed by the Directors.
- That the reappointment of Dr Eurfyl ap Gwilym, Helen Molyneux and Professor Kevin Morgan as trustees of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting be noted.
- That the reappointment of Alison Copus, Anthony Pickles and Marc Thomas as trustees of the Company to hold office for a second four year term be noted.
- IWA update – Auriol Miller, IWA Director
- Keynote speech from our sponsor – Jessica Leigh Jones, co-founder and CEO, iungo Solutions
- Guest speaker TBC
- Any Other Business – Appointment of new IWA Honorary Life Fellows
DATED this 04 November 2022
By Order of the Board
Any member of the Company entitled to attend, speak and vote at the above mentioned meeting may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and, on a poll, vote instead of that member. A proxy may demand, or join in demanding, a poll. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
If you are unable to attend, and would like to appoint a proxy to attend on your behalf, please complete and return the proxy form by 4pm on Tuesday 22 November 2022.
The Report of the Directors and the financial statements for the financial year to 31 March 2022 that will be submitted to the meeting are available to read here. If you would like a copy posted to you, please let us know by contacting us at [email protected]
The minutes of the 2021 AGM held online on 9 December 2021 are available to read here.
18:00 – 18:30 Arrival, refreshments and networking
18:30 – 18:50 Welcome and ordinary resolutions
18:50 – 19:20 IWA Update from our Director
19:20 – 19:30 A keynote from our sponsor, Jessica Leigh Jones, iungo Solutions
19:30 – 19:50 Guest speaker TBC
19:50 – 20:00 Any other business “IWA now and in the future”
20:00 – 20:30 Networking and close
The event is kindly supported by iungo Solutions.