Please note that this is a two-day course delivered via Zoom.
Our two IWA Professional Training courses (Decision Making in Wales and Influencing Political Outcomes) are designed by the IWA, and led by Will Henson, our Policy & External Affairs Manager and our team.
Will has eight years of policy and research experience across the areas of higher education, housing and homelessness.
Decision Making in Wales will:
– Give learners a good understanding of how Government and politics works in Wales.
– Provide an overview of the roles of the Senedd and Welsh Government, and how decisions are made.
– Discuss the make-up of the newly elected Senedd.
When finishing this course, you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- The roles of Ministers and MSs
- How the Senedd and the Cabinet work
- The differences between the political parties
- The development of devolution
- The relationship between Wales and Westminster and the effect of Brexit
- How public finance works in Wales
This course will feature a live Q&A session with a serving Member of the Senedd.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who want a good overview of the structures of decision making in Wales, and the forces that influence them.
This course will be followed by an advanced lobbying course, Influencing Political Outcomes. Previous participants have recommended taking both courses for maximum insight.
Please note IWA members receive advance notice of all IWA events and early bird prices for training. You can join the IWA from just £3 a month.
“The course met my expectations and exceeded them! It was much more in depth than than I was expecting, which was really helpful”
“I thought it was excellent – the trainer, was superb!”
“There was a wealth of information on offer and the instructor was clearly very knowledgeable about the subject”
100% of delegates on the May 2021 Decision Making in Wales course rated it ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’.
For more information on the course contents go to: https://youtu.be/vQ_0Kdh403I