Decision Making in Wales
This two-day virtual course will give you an understanding of how Government and politics work in Wales. It will provide an overview of the roles of the Senedd and Welsh Government, and explain how decisions in Wales are made. This course also features a discussion about First Minister’s Questions via Senedd TV.
At the end of the course, you will feel confident to understand:
- The roles of Ministers and MSs
- How the Senedd and the Cabinet work
- The differences between the political parties
- The development of devolution
- The relationship between Wales and Westminster, and the effects of Brexit
- How public finance works in Wales
Influencing Political Outcomes
Our advanced course on campaigning takes place over two days on Zoom. It will give you an advanced understanding of devolution and the workings of the Welsh Government and the Senedd, and explain how you can work effectively to influence them. This course includes a live Q&A session with a serving Member of the Senedd.
At the end of this course, you will feel confident to:
- Understand devolution at an advanced level
- Develop the skills to influence policy makers in Wales, including the Welsh Government and the Senedd
- Establish and effectively manage campaigns, ensuring they have optimal impact
- Set up, manage and market events and opportunities to promote campaigns to policy makers in Wales
Who are the courses for?
Our professional training courses are for anyone who wants to gain a practical understanding of the governmental structures in Wales, how they fit within a UK context, and what influences decision-makers.
Our advanced course on Influencing Political Outcomes is aimed at policy or communications professionals, who are looking to expand their influence within the political sphere in Wales and make their campaigning more effective.
Who will deliver the course?
The courses are delivered by IWA’s Policy and External Affairs Manager, Joe, supported by our director Auriol and our Economic Policy Leads.
Responsible for our own portfolio of policy work, Joe has experience in developing policy solutions and delivering impact which makes a tangible difference to the lives of people in Wales.
How to book
You can book directly with a payment card by following the link below. Alternatively, please get in touch with us and we can offer other payment methods.
If you have any queries about our courses, or want to discuss a bespoke training day for your organisation, get in touch with us on [email protected].