Our 2023 Members Winter Reception and AGM will be held in person on Thursday, 23 November 2024 from 5.30pm – 8.30pm.
We are pleased to invite you, as a valued member of the IWA, to join us at our winter reception and AGM as we look back on the year and look ahead to 2024. The evening will be a fantastic opportunity for members to meet, celebrate and hear from our special keynote speaker, Dame Elan Closs Stephens, Acting Chair of the BBC Board and IWA Fellow, who will share her thoughts on the challenges and opportunities for the media landscape for public service broadcasters in the UK.
P lease note that although we are not running this as a hybrid event, we will be recording the conversation and releasing it as a podcast shortly after.
Bring a plus one
If you are a member and would like to bring a plus one, we would be delighted to welcome you both. If they sign up for membership (a minimum of 1 year), you will both receive two extra months for free.
Not a member yet?
Although you will not be able to vote in the formal part of the evening, w e would be delighted to welcome you to the reception, too. You can either purchase a ticket for a small fee (this will help us cover our costs) or become a member and support our team.
If you are unable to attend, and would like to appoint a proxy to attend on your behalf, please complete and return the proxy form by 4pm on Tuesday 21 November 2023.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Institute of Welsh Affairs
Registered Number: 2151006
Registered Charity No: 1078435
Companies Act 2006
NOTICE is hereby given under the Act mentioned above of the Annual General Meeting of the Institute of Welsh Affairs to be held in person on Thursday 23 November 2023 from 5.30pm for the following purposes:
- To consider and if thought fit, pass the following Resolutions as to the ordinary business of the Company relating to the Directors, Auditors and Accounts, and in particular the following Ordinary Resolutions:
- That the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 24 November 2022 be approved.
- That the Report of the Directors and the financial statements of the Company for the year ended 31 March 2023 now submitted to this meeting be and are hereby received.
- That Chartered Accountants MHA Cardiff (formerly Watts Gregory) be reappointed as providers of accounting services to the Company, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and that their remuneration be fixed by the Directors
- That the appointment of Sam Evans, Elizabeth Haywood, Kelly Roberts, Ben Joakim and Jessica McQuade as trustees of the Company for a period of four years from the date of the Board meeting held on 18 May 2023 be noted.
- That the resignations of Bethan Darwin, Eurfyl ap Gwilym, Helen Molyneux, Kevin Morgan, Alison Wride and Marc Thomas as trustees of the Company are noted and all are thanked for their service to the IWA.
IWA update – Auriol Miller, IWA Director
Keynote speech from IWA Fellow and interim Chair of the BBC, Dame Elan Closs Stephens DBE
Any Other Business
DATED this 02 November 2023
By Order of the Board
Company Secretary, IWA
- Any member of the Company entitled to attend, speak and vote at the above mentioned meeting may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and, on a poll, vote instead of that member. A proxy may demand, or join in demanding, a poll. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
- If you are unable to attend, and would like to appoint a proxy to attend on your behalf, please complete and return the proxy form by 4pm on Tuesday 21 November 2023.
- The Report of the Directors and the financial statements for the financial year to 31 March 2023 that will be submitted to the meeting are available to read here. If you would like a copy posted to you, please let us know by contacting us at [email protected].
- The minutes of the 2022 AGM held online and in person on 24 November 2022 are available to read here.
17:30 – 18:00 Arrival, refreshments and networking
18:00 – 18:10 Welcome by Bethan Darwin, IWA Chair
18:10 – 19:00 A keynote from Dame Elan Closs Stephens, Interim Chair of the BBC, Q&A
19:00 – 19:30 IWA Update from our Director and ordinary resolutions
19:30 – 19:40 What’s next for the IWA
19:40 – 19:45 Any other business
19:45 – 20:30 Networking and close
T he event is kindly supported by The Legal Education Foundation.