The Institute of Welsh Affairs’ AGM for 2019 is being held in the Blue Room at the National Dance Company Wales, Dance House, Millennium Centre, Pierhead St, Cardiff CF10 4PH on Wednesday 20th November 2019 from 6.00pm – 8.00pm.
This is an excellent opportunity to get a glimpse behind the scenes of the National Dance Company of Wales, meet fellow IWA members, hear more about what we’ve been up to, and lend your expertise to implementing our new strategy, all with a mince pie in hand.
To consider and if thought fit, pass the following Resolutions as to the ordinary business of the Company relating to the Directors, Auditors and Accounts, and in particular the following Ordinary Resolutions:
That the Board’s nominee Bethan Darwin be appointed as Chair of the Company for a four year term.
That Gerald Holtham, Eurfyl ap Gwilym, Nigel Griffiths and Laura McAllister be and are hereby re-elected as trustees of the Company, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.
That Helen Mortlock be and is hereby re-elected as trustee of the Company, to hold office for a second four year term.
That the Report of the Directors and the financial statements of the Company for the year ended 31 March 2019 now submitted to this meeting be and are hereby received.
That Chartered Accountants Watts Gregory LLP be appointed as providers of accounting services to the Company, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and that their remuneration be fixed by the Directors.
A look back at 2019 and key issues for Wales in 2020 – Prof Laura McAllister and Marc Thomas
- ‘Our current priorities’ – IWA update from Auriol Miller
- ‘Where next for the IWA?’ – Members’ input into implementing our new strategy
- Any Other Business (followed by drinks and networking)
1. Any member of the Company entitled to attend, speak and vote at the above mentioned meeting may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and, on a poll, vote instead of that member. A proxy may demand, or join in demanding, a poll. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
2. To be valid the instrument appointing a proxy and any authority under which it is executed (or a copy of the same certified notarially) must be deposited at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
3. Copies of the balance sheet and every document required by law to be annexed to it which are to be laid before the above mentioned meeting may be requested, and the statutory registers are available for inspection during normal business hours without charge at the registered office of the Company.
4. The minutes of the 2018 AGM held at the Wales Millennium Centre on the 27th November 2019 are available to read here.