We are pleased to invite valued members of the IWA to join us and contribute your thoughts and ideas to the next phase of the IWA’s strategic development.
In the past few years the political and economic context for Wales has shifted considerably, and we want to ensure our energies are focused on the areas where we can have the greatest impact for Wales. Your input into our thinking at this early stage will help ensure our strategy is as robust and impactful as possible.
We will use the outcomes from these discussions to inform the proposals we take to the IWA Board in early December. All this will be done in an informal atmosphere with refreshments and networking.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Institute of Welsh Affairs
Registered Number: 2151006
Registered Charity No: 1078435
Companies Act 1985
NOTICE is hereby given under the Act mentioned above of the Annual General Meeting of the Institute of Welsh Affairs to be held in the Seligman Room at the Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay, CF10 5AL on Tuesday 27th November 2018 at 6.00pm. for the following purposes:
To consider and if thought fit, pass the following Resolutions as to the ordinary business of the Company relating to the Directors, Auditors and Accounts, and in particular the following Ordinary Resolutions:
1. That the Report of the Directors and the financial statements of the Company for the year ended 31 March 2018 now submitted to this meeting be and are hereby received.
2. That Chartered Accountants Watts Gregory LLP be appointed as providers of accounting services to the Company, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and that their remuneration be fixed by the Directors.
3. That Gerald Holtham, Eurfyl ap Gwilym, Nigel Griffiths and Laura McAllister be and are hereby re-elected as trustees of the Company, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.
4. That Helen Molyneux and Kevin Morgan be and are hereby re-elected as trustees of the Company, to hold office for a second four year term each.
5. ‘Our current priorities’ IWA update from Auriol Miller
6. ‘Where next for the IWA?’ – Members’ input into our strategy review
7. Any Other Business (followed by drinks and networking)
DATED this 26th October 2018
By Order of the Board
Laura Knight, Company Secretary, IWA
1. Any member of the Company entitled to attend, speak and vote at the above mentioned meeting may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and, on a poll, vote instead of that member. A proxy may demand, or join in demanding, a poll. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
2. To be valid the instrument appointing a proxy and any authority under which it is executed (or a copy of the same certified notarially) must be deposited at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
3. Copies of the balance sheet and every document required by law to be annexed to it which are to be laid before the above mentioned meeting may be requested, and the statutory registers are available for inspection during normal business hours without charge at the registered office of the Company.